Monday, September 29, 2008

Longbikes at Interbike




Here are the Longbikes I have been able to find on the 'Net that were at Interbike.

If you've seen others, especially new this year, post links in the comments please.

Top Left = Kona Ute Right Side = Gary Fisher El Ranchero
Center Left = Surly Big dummy
Bottom Left = Yuba Mundo

Here's one more, maybe my favorite before riding the others, due to evRANSgelism:


This is the RANS Hammer Truck. Note the crankforward format, like my RANS Street, and the similarity to xtracycle construction of the rear rack. I've read that it's not xtracycle products but RANS will try to make use of X products where appropriate.






It looks like the bike industry is starting to get that people want to haul stuff and people with them. I'm all for that.

I'll get some more info up as soon as possible, that El Ranchero Concept bike looks very cool, and has a built-in seat and stoker bars even the passenger doesn't get to pedal.

1 comment:

  1. The new info on the RANS site is quite good, and supported well with photos:

    http://www.ransbikes.com/ITR70.htm

    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete